Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Can't control the unknown

One of the biggest things I'm working on is trying to let go of the fact that I can't control the unknown.  I can't control what does not exist. That is, I can't control the future.  As a perfectionist, and as I mentioned before, I try to plan what's going to happen next, when really, no one knows with certainty what is going to happen next. There is no way to predict the future, or what it holds.  We can certainly shape our events and mold them to what we think or how we want the future to look like, but there are so many unknowns.

So instead of trying to control the future or having a delusion that that is possible, instead I'm working to accept this fact, and have trust in who I am and what I've done already. I'm accepting that I can't control the unknown. It's called life.



No comments:

Post a Comment