Thursday, April 23, 2015

You don't have to be a perfect Mom- In honor of "Mother's Day"

First most, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and moms-to-be for this upcoming Mother's Day.  With this special holiday coming up, I wanted to take a moment and reflect on a common stigma I most often have in my mind.  I want to be a perfect mom.   But in all reality, I'm not a perfect mom, I don't have it all together and yes, I have flaws.  But I think so many times, I put so much pressure on myself to be all that I can be for my children, be perfect in their eyes.  If I'm perfect for them, then I'm in control. If I'm perfect for my husband and kids then there's no stress, no feeling like I'm screwing things up.  We all go through these emotions, but it has got to stop.  We are simply human, and can't do it all.

So instead of beating myself up, because I do have flaws, embrace being a mother and all that comes with it.  Yes, my life is going to be a chaotic mess sometimes, yes my house is going to be a disaster at times. But being a mother of three wonderful kids couldn't replace anything in the world, and I just have to embrace it.  Enjoy my time I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment