Friday, November 29, 2013

Break free from perfectionism

Over the last couple of months I have been talking about strategies to re-frame the ways you think.  For me, I struggled with complete unrealistic expectations that I was merely passing off as attainable.  However, I've been able to retrain myself on how to think about those expectations. Retrain my thoughts, so perfection is not even part of the equation.

To do this, I:
  • Realized the problem
  • Focused on the intention and not the outcome
  • Acknowledge "Good enough" strategies
  • Work on it every day to break free
For years, I felt like I could not be happy unless everything was perfect, and I was completely wrong.  What I've come to realize is this; that there is no perfect, there never will be, and if you are expecting perfection to be there, true happiness and contentment will always be out of reach for you. Instead, break yourself free from perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment