Saturday, November 9, 2013

Gratitude in your life

The other day I talked about being happy with the things in your life and grateful for everything you have.  I wanted to touch on this more today from a perfectionist point of view. I think often times, I was focusing on the wrong things in life. I was trying to shape every moment to fit my expectations rather than just welcoming it as a gift. Perfectionism was me trying to control every expectation.

Like the other day, I was getting mad when things weren't my way, rather than being grateful I had time with my family.  Or even grateful that I have a family.  I think so many times, perfectionism tends to look at situations as if there isn't any choice.  And in reality, it's about realizing you do have a choice.  You have a choice, right now to make gratitude a part of your life.  No matter what happens, you have a choice to interpret a situation how you want to and be thankful for those moments.

Think about this for a moment.  You are blessed. You have this amazing life that God has created for you.  Gratitude is about loving that life as it is.  For me, it's realizing that I don't have to change people, or change situations or try to control everything. I can love life just how it is. I don't have to try to mold anything to fit some superficial perfectionist expectation that not even myself can reach.

So today, work to put more gratitude in your life.  You'll be amazed at the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment