Monday, November 4, 2013

Take Time to Heal

As with any type of self-help solution, things take time.  I look back at my life, and how long it took for me to become a perfectionist.  I'm talking probably almost 11 years, well, for me to at least realize I had a problem.  So my point is today, healing is certainly not going to be anything you can accomplish overnight, especially if this is something that has been plaguing your life for sometime now.

I have certainly realized that.  I look back about 7 or 8 months, when I was really starting to realize my controlling problem of perfectionism and then look at myself today.  I certainly haven't healed 100% yet. I still have moments of control, moments of needing to be perfect and certainly moments that are setting me back.  But what I can realize is this, I am healing, one step at a time.  Slowly, yes, but I am taking time to heal myself.  I look in the mirror and know that I am better than that person I was 8 months ago, better than that person even 3 months ago, and even better than the person I was last week.

The point is to keep working at it.  Find something that helps you heal. Whether it be reading blogs like this, reading books that help you from wanting to be in control, or even simpler, starting to write your own thoughts of what perfectionism means to you.  Find something that helps you to take that time that is much needed to heal.

Perfectionism is not going to be healed overnight, but find in yourself the strength to make a point to get a little better everyday.  Believe me, it will help in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment