Sunday, November 17, 2013

Change the way you view failure

I believe a lot of perfectionists view failure as a bad thing. Many of us were raised to believe that if we fail at something, we either are failures, or don't have much self-worth.  However in reality, it's through failure that real learning occurs.  I think so many times I was so afraid of failing, that I just figured that if I strive for perfection than I wouldn't fail.  I was wrong. Failure is just God's way of giving you growth opportunities.

Overcoming perfection has a lot do with changing the way you view failure.  When things don't work out the way you thought they were going to, don't look at that as a failure, but really as a growth opportunity.  Part of changing this behavior involves you accepting that mistakes are part of the journey.

No matter what it is that you have set out to achieve for yourself, there's always going to be mistakes, downfalls, times when you are going to get it wrong, things you could have done better.

However, instead of dwelling on what could have been, or what should have been, take the opportunity to learn from these moments and then move on. Change the way you view failure and start living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment