Thursday, October 24, 2013

We are not Perfect

I have come to realize that perfectionism is me denying two very basic truths:
  1. I am not perfect.
  2. I am not in control.
You see, when we take in this law of perfection, we are infected with the feeling of self doubt which eats away at every area of our lives. This certainly has happened in my life.



The more perfect I am, or that I believe, the more valid I feel as a person. But with every advance in one area, I find myself wanting in another. I know I struggle with the fact of not being good enough, therefore on some level that transpires into not being deserving enough of love, happiness, or even life itself.

In the past I have dealt with or feared that my imperfections will expose my failures, when actually they show the places I have grown.

So my thought today, and thank you to my wonderful husband for helping me with this, is this:
When I don't think I'm good enough. STOP.  When I don't think I'm qualified. STOP.  When I fail to see the woman I have become and all that I have gone through.  STOP.

Stop feeling sorry and let the man who is in complete control, and complete perfection, the man up above be who he is.  It's not our job to impersonate him.  It's not our job to be perfect and in control.  It's his. 




No comments:

Post a Comment