Thursday, October 31, 2013

Who cares what others think?

A lot of what perfection is, constitutes what others think about you.  But it goes even deeper, and it's how you perceive yourself, or even worse, how you think others perceive you.


I think this is such a profound statement.  For so many years, my productivity was being dictated by the fear of other's judgment.  Meaning, I was so worried about being judged by others, that I felt this fear of loosing everything.

My excellence was such a narrowly defined perfection, that even I couldn't achieve some of the standards I had set for myself.  This self destruction was a recipe for disaster.  All these things in my head, What if I'm not a perfect parent?  What if I loose control? What if my house is a disaster, and the inevitable happens, and I get company?  What if my body isn't perfectly toned? What if I don't get that job, what if I don't get that interview? What if I don't get that promotion?  All these questions, were me making this preconceived notion that everyone else in the world would judge me, if any one of these questions were not answered correctly. 

What I've realized is this:  Who cares what others think?  Create inside of you a pathway that allows for you to separate results from judgment.  A pathway that allows for you to strive for the results that are best for you, and only you.  Study to learn instead of getting a perfect score, eat and exercise for piece of mind and health, rather than just simple weight targets. Clean/organize to be tidy, not to impress. And lastly live to be happy.  Not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment