Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Imperfect Parent

Part of my struggle of being a parent is trying to keep it all together.  I am here to admit that I do not have it all together. I am not a perfect mom.

I know that I'm not alone in this journey of life, and I can bet that there are many of you out there that know this same thing.  But many of you need that reminder in life, just as I do sometimes as well.  Whether it be parenting, or work, or relationships, we do not have to live this life as desperate people. Desperate for trying to be all that we can, and the most perfect we can be.   I get it.  I lay awake sometimes, with a deep need to get it right.  Deep down I really want to do things right.  I want to be a good mom.  I want to be a good wife.  I want to have it all under control.

However that constant reminder that keeps hovering over my head is this. Nobody is perfect.  There is no perfect parent. No perfect child.  No matter how many books I read, or how many blogs I follow, I have to know that there is no one solution for getting things right.    So doing the right thing does not equal having to be perfect.  Doing life right does not mean perfection. 

I know that life is a big job. In fact, I've had the thought before of "If I'm not perfect than why try?"  But as soon as I get that thought in my mind that I am here to do everything by myself, I have to remind myself that I'm not alone.  I should not "lean not on my own understanding, but yet seek the Lord first."

No comments:

Post a Comment