Sunday, October 20, 2013

What if I loose control?

Have you ever had the feeling that if everything is perfect, than you will be in control?  Well, what if you loose control?  I'm talking to all the people out there that have ever felt the need to be in control.  I get it.  I'm a mom of 3 young kids, ages 10, 8 and 6.  I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a full-time employee... and yes being pulled 8 different ways.  There are so many areas in my life where I feel like I have to be in control, because if I'm not, I'm just going to loose everything.  All these plates I'm juggling in the air, should I loose control of any one of them, I could loose it all. 

And so, for so long, I just figured, if I'm perfect, and somehow I magically try to be wonder woman and juggle everything and yes, control everything, things will be ok.  Perhaps you have felt this same way. 

So today, I'm working on this.  I'm working on all of this emotion of trying to take those feelings to be more structured in a way so I don't have to feel like I have to be in control.  I have help available, I just have to ask for it.  I can still be all those things, a mom, a wife, an employee and on and on, but I don't have to control those all any more.  I can let go of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment