Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Steps I'm taking to overcome perfectionism

Overcoming perfectionism is not an easy thing, and certainly something that I work on, on a daily basis.

Here are some simple steps that I am working on to help me:


1) Realize the problem-  Realizing the traits is really the key thing to do to start out.  By becoming aware of what is controlling you, you are then in a better position to try to fix them, or overcome them.

2) Work through the positive aspects of Perfectionism - And, yes there are positives.  It really isn't all negative.  I've realized that if I work through the positives, the negatives tend to then outweigh themselves, rather than me focusing on all of the negative.

3) Keep expectations real- Make sure you are making progress, but have realistic expectations of when you want to change.  Make small steps to improving rather than thinking that this pattern will change overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment